Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend in Review!

After a crazy hectic Thursday of carpooling kids. I learned many things.
The main thing is that with a car load of girls you are not going to get them all to agree to anything but pizza!
6 girls counting me! Me ~ What do you want for lunch?
Them ~ "I don't like Chick-fil-a"
"I'm a vegetarian"
"I'm not hungry"
Well after passing Cici's pizza and them deciding that was something they could all live with, we did a U turn.
I was home Thursday between carpooling/haircuts and more carpooling for 30 minutes between 8:30 Thursday morning and we got home to stay around 8 Thursday night, I was exhausted. A Mom's got to do what a Mom's got to do! It was my turn to repay some great Moms that have been helping me out!
Friday we slept late!!! Then we had tickets to the Long Branch Opry.
If you remember King Andrew from basketball season, he is in a band. Freshwater Creek!
A band of jr high students that are really good.
I was surprised, how good. I was impressed!
I was again blessed to sit with a row of giggling teenage girls. Shew I've done my time in the last week that is for sure! King Andrew played the banjo.
On Saturday Morning I took Grace to a 2 hour Softball practice. My hunting husband owes me big time! Then off to shop for Easter dresses and some church clothes. Seems both girls have grown out of everything! Kacey and I don't agree on clothes lately so I was happy we came away with some church clothes we both liked! Yeah!
And..... we are going to kind of match for Easter... Tell me that is not a victory!
Well not like matching dresses but all in the same color scheme... that will work!

One of Kacey's new outfits.

Grace loved this little outfit, Greg came in the bedroom yesterday when we were getting ready for church and was laughing, he was like they are going to think we have wild kids, look at those furry boots and that outfit.
Choose your battles honey... They are at least covered!
Covered and Happy!
And covered in prayer....
I used to think babies were hard, now I'm learning different.
Now, it's getting really hard...
boys
the fine line between being her friend and being her Mom
We are learning
We both have scars but we are learning.
One day at a time!
But I'm also learning that even our bad days aren't that bad.
It's still another day in paradise and
there is still no other place I'd rather be!

No comments:

Post a Comment