Friday, March 26, 2010

Never a dull moment! part III

Okay, after this I will really try to talk about something other than rodents for awhile... Make sure you scroll down and read part 1 and 2 before reading on.

This Morning, I asked Grace to run out to my car and get Kacey's ice bag out of the front seat, see with her knee she is supposed to be icing it 3 times a day for 10 - 15 minutes at a time. Since she is spending the night with a friend tonight she was surprisingly up and already ready.. I remember those days.. Those were the longest school days ever.

She came running in, momma there is something dead in front of your car! It has dirt on it..

I was thrilled, Man maybe he did kill it, it just died later...

I go to get in the car and I see it, I couldn't quite figure it out. I heard or thought I heard Kacey...

Kacey ~ GRACE it's a skunk, I touched it it's hard! (in her annoyed voice)
me ~ What.... you touched a skunk?
Kacey ~ MOMMA, I said a stump, I touched it, wood not a skunk (in her annoyed voice)
Me ~ oh, I thought you were smarter than that... sorry I guess my sinuses really have my ears plugged.
Me ~ (Kacey was gone last night so she missed all the excitement) I guess this groundhog thing has us all paranoid.
Kacey ~ (still in her annoyed voice) You think!
Grace ~ Well if it has babies, I'm not going outside anymore...

So I get to work and I'm telling a co-worker and another co-worker walks in my office.
Her ~ My son will come get them.
Me ~ really?
Her ~ oh he loves to trap, skunks, beavers, squirrel, chipmunks, raccoons.
Me ~ well that's neat, where does he release them
Her ~ oh he doesn't release them he eats them.
Me ~ do what?
Her ~ yeah, I took him to buy his own crock pot because I told him he wasn't using mine for those critters... You would be surprised and what all he caught in our house a Madison. He'll come if you want him too, he does live traps too.
Me ~ what does he bait them with, (just out of curiosity you know)
Her ~ sardines
Me ~ (laughing) are you serious.. Let me give Greg the weekend and I'll get with you next week if I need him....

OKAY GREG YOU HAVE TIL 5 Sunday or I'm calling in backup!!!! And I don't want to call raccoon eating man to finish the job so you wanted to go hunting this weekend what's the difference you say turkey I say Groundhog! Love you honey!

1 comment:

  1. That's just gross. I make a pact right now. I will not let Lawson or Ethan Rowe eat critters! I will support their catching and killing but not consumption!

    ReplyDelete