Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Test Anxiety

Test Anxiety - If you are reading my blog and are a school teacher or a parent of a school age child you know the test I'm referring too. ARMT/SAT!
I love our schools and our teachers and our faculty but I would like to say, my kids have test Anxiety, so 2 notes home per child and a phone call from our principal later (through the automated system) , you are stressing my kids out!
My favorite part of the letters are the tips.
Eat a good breakfast ~ I feed my kids every morning, if they aren't hungry I still make them eat.
then we get notes saying they are going to feed them again at school and give snacks! Brain food! Really! I don't remember all that when we were in school. Have I just blocked it out?
Don't upset your child before school ~ No comment on this one, but it would be nice if our kids got that message every now and then....Don't stress your Mom before work!
Make sure they get a good nights sleep ~ anyway enough of that.
Grace got up this morning half asleep and half panicked she came to the kitchen with big tears coming down her face...
Grace ~ Momma I need clothes
Me ~ they are on your bed
Grace ~ Not those I need different ones
Me ~ Grace I picked them out what is wrong with them.
Grace ~ I need my new ones. I need 10's I have to be comfortable and my teacher said don't wear tight clothes.. I need to be loose!
Me ~ Grace, go put the clothes on that I put on your bed and then come back to me okay
Grace stumbled down the hall still crying
10 minutes later she comes in the kitchen all smiles.
Me ~ Well are those pants too tight.
Grace ~ Nope they are just right
Me ~ Baby I would not make you wear tight clothes to school test or no test.
Just do your best it will be okay.
Grace ~ I love you Momma
This conversation just days after the one I had to tell her she will do great but it will not keep her from going to fourth grade. So children and school administration I'm praying for you this week!
I love you all but seriously please stop stressing my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment