Monday, March 15, 2010

So Long Insecurity you've been a bad friend to us! A Proverbs 31 Woman!

Well I've finished and have started listening again. There were lots of places through this journey I had to be honest and say, WOW that is me... I DO THAT>>>
I listened and would rewind and listen to some parts again. I would be so hung up on what she was saying I would miss the next part. I finished this book on tape in 7 work days and I'm almost half way through again. A long commute has some advantages! I love Beth's teachings and I love her real life examples she gives in the book, she isn't just writing the book she is a real person with real struggles..
I wanted to share some passages from the book....
I wrote a bunch down while I was going through the study and keep them on index cards in my purse. I've been able to pull them out and read through them at times.
My favorite and one of her main points throughout the book was from Proverbs 31. I love these passages because they help me strive to do better. After I read this book I went on to buy a commentary for the bible just on Proverbs and have been studying it.
She is clothed with Strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25.
I can laugh because I know who holds the future...
But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness," Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
He will not fear bad news; his heart is confident, trusting in the Lord. His heart is assured; he will not fear. In the end he will look in triumph on his foes. Psalms 112:7-8
One thing that stands out about this verse was when she was speaking of having fears... She never followed them through til God prompted her to do so, He laid on her heart to let her greatest fear come true in her thoughts then what.... Then what. She said she would cry~ say things she shouldn't then she would fall on her face to God and get up and dust herself off and keep living. We tend to look at the what ifs and see the bad but never picture yourself on the other side... His grace is sufficient.
I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have trouble But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
And my God will supply all your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
I pray today you can laugh at your future...
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Making a request to check this out of the Narrell Library when you are done!

    ReplyDelete