Thursday, March 25, 2010

Never a dull Moment! Part II

Sorry for the Length!


Today I ran from work into Walmart and my cell phone rings..

Me ~ Hello

Greg ~ I've got news and your not gonna like it!

Me ~ (thinking oh no water leak.... something Horrible) What?
Greg - there are 2!
Me~ how big
Grace ~ (in the background) Now we have a Hammy and Cheese!
Greg ~ there both the same size.
Me ~ oh now it's March... do something and please tell me she didn't name the other one cheese!
Greg ~ what I'm I supposed to do.. I can't catch them out long enough to kill them and yes she named the other one cheese!
Me ~ where were they
Greg ~ in the backyard they ran back to the barn... what there one click......
he hung up and was gone...
See when I said it's march... that meant... after googling the other night I read where the Mate in Feb and March and after a short 31 day gestation period they have babies in April and May... So in less than a month we could have 8 of these suckers running around our yard and after 6 weeks babies are ready to be on their own so that is NOT cool!
Not cool at all. I did feel a little bad for telling him to shoot them..
so what else was I to do I called Krowe,
Me - Tell me I'm not a horrible person, I told him to kill them. there are 2 now by the way!
Krowe - NO, you ask this from a girl who posted a dead turtle on her blog, no way they have got to go!
Me ~ And they do foundation damage, and it's march and google says they mate in Feb and March and after a 30 day gestation period have babies in April and May...
Krowe ~ eeekkkk we are about to have an egg hunt and we don't want to loose any babies... I say they die!
Me ~ okay I feel better
Greg - You are not going to believe this it's kindof funny though.
Me ~ you didn't get it did you
Greg ~ no, but just listen. I shot at it, I was dead on it I'm not sure how I missed, It flopped to the ground and I was like YES! one down, and it layed still for about 15/20 seconds and got up and took off, I wonder if they play dead. There was no blood so I guess I did miss it.
Me ~ oh Greg, what if it has babies under our barn... Set a trap and then you can take them and release them somewhere else..
Greg ~ I don't know what to set a trap with, what do they eat..
Me ~ I don't know google it!

No comments:

Post a Comment