Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thank Goodness it is Friday!

Thank you Lord it is FRIDAY!
And thank you that we have a mostly restful weekend to look forward too!
Yesterday Grace and I were cleaning up the water and the food for our one lone duck!
And we let the unthinkable happen, he escaped.
My sweet husband was calling the duck like a dog...
I laughed so hard, he was using some fancy footwork to catch Henry!
He was smiling but kept telling me "you aren't helping"
I was supposed to keep him running the other direction.. and what miss the photo opportunity?
After Greg turned around and almost fell he caught Henry!
He is fine and will soon find a new home on a pond all of his own!
After a small hissy fit I agreed to help Greg pull off his old tractor with his new one.
I could use the truck for this but he was rather insistent that I learn to drive the new one!
I think I threw the line in there about WHY do I need to learn, it's your thing not mine, I don't make you learn to pluck eyebrows! He just smiles!
Then I followed with a fine but I don't have to like it! He still just smiles!
Have I ever mentioned how laid back he is!
I was taking my job seriously as you can see I was texting Kacey for her pick up time!
We got the old tractor where it needed to be. His new tractor used to be his uncles and his old tractor is a farmall 100 it was his Granddaddy's and I don't think he would ever part with it.
It is suffering with a dead battery.
and ssshhhhh don't tell my husband, but it wasn't that bad! I think I could learn to like being a farm girl... well maybe that's stretching it a little!
Then we tackled this!
All I can say was what was I thinking?
I went to find decoration flowers for Greg's grandparents and
I just didn't find any I liked they had colors together I just was not crazy about soooooo I thought I'll just buy flowers surely I can do it myself!
ahem, I had a week moment.
I always buy the saddle with the matching flowers and do the side vases myself but a saddle
How hard could it be?
Where do I begin!
Still not happy with it I think I need more around the bottom.
I plan to add some around the bottom that hang down.
I'm not sure, It was certainly not cheaper to do it myself that was for sure!
But oh well, we love doing it and it's our way of honoring them.
I used to want to open my own florist... So I guess this is the best of two worlds!

Happy Friday all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoy the tractor! HAHA!
    I've got more tractor time reserved for you!
    By the way...
    The saddle is perfect!
    Mama would have LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete