Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Faith like that!

Faith ~ confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
Today Grace had a Dr. appointment and was to get the flu shot, I knew it would be a shot because when I called to make the appointment the nurse said they were out of the flu mist and had been for awhile.
So by the time we got to the appointment Grace had worked herself up, dreading....
When we pulled into the parking lot, I stopped the car and before we got out we prayed... Well I prayed.. I thanked God for the technology of today that helps prevent disease and I prayed for peace and comfort for Grace and said Amen. Grace kept my hand and her head bowed and added... "And Lord, we pray selfishly that I would get the mist Amen" she looked up and smiled.
I was the doubter! We go in and they call her back and we walk into the room with her saying, ask her, ask her. She had the shot ready.
Me ~ ummm she was wondering about getting the mist. (I was thinking I know you are out but I have to ask)


Nurse ~ You have perfect timing we have been out forever and just got some in this afternoon...


Grace ~ (smiling from ear to ear) See Momma!

My Sunday School Teacher (which is pretty great by the way ~ at least I think so) has said more than once, pray believing. Grace did and does.

We got in the car to leave, and she said Thank you Jesus!



Passage Matthew 21:21:
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for Grace and her faith. I am also thankful for the Sunday School teacher who answered God's call to teach! Praise God, gives me glory bumps!

    ReplyDelete