Monday, December 28, 2009

Cabin

Sunday/Monday we spent the day with Greg at the Cabin. He loves it when we go up and we like it in small doses! It is so beautiful and the weather was great. Truth is I love the first day but after one night I am really ready to return to 2009! But he is worth it!
One thing I like about it is it is so remote. No cell phone service and no Internet!
Back to the basics.
Some of us tried and tried to get service but had no luck! ;-)

Makes for some good family nights with board games and movies.
I love the smiles!
Did I mention I love the hills and the countryside. And the deer in the yard at night the girls watch.
Kacey walking the hill!
Grace looking for deer tracks.
Climbing trees. They always find something to keep them busy.
The guys loading some equipment. Roger Lynn hunted in the pm and went home and Jerrod went up with Greg then went back with Papaw and Mamaw.
Some of the old buildings within walking distance.

It's on Paint Rock River.

Kacey trying to talk me into letting her look inside. uh NO!
This old home place is in the woods next to the cabin. It was a grand house in its time but it's time has passed. The girls think it looks scary.
Do you see what I see?
Two of my sweet dears trying to see some deer!

We had fun but there is no place like home! We left my Hunter today so Kacey could start back to ball practice. He will be home tomorrow because someone must be home for his birthday!
Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment