Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A cup of coffee!

I'm not a everyday coffee drinker.. actually it's been a couple of weeks sense I had any. Today a co-worker brought in some coffee for she and I just sit to talk a minute. It was perfect with cream and splenda.. and just the smell and the taste took me back...

I went immediately back 30 years... it was a little weird but I did.

I could remember sitting at my grandparents table and feeling so grown when my Grandma would let me drink coffee. It was so loaded with Cream and sugar it was harmless but I remember it well. Before I realized it I was telling about remembering getting to drink it every morning at the green house. When we would get up at 4/5 in the morning and get there in the dark I would curl up on their couch in the office and sleep for a while.

I remember potting plants, watering flowers, playing in the rain and running the cash register...LOL! Those were the best summers! I even remember when certain customers would come up and Grandma would say, hang around with her she pinches cuttings off my plants...I would follow them around talking I'm sure driving them nuts!!! But they wouldn't get a pinch!!!

I remember making a boat and putting secret messages on it and putting it in the creek and letting it float under one green house and coming out on the other side... I remember a backgammon game/set that had a brief case and I had some old bling buttons that looked like jewels that I would hide in the brief case and play for hours, hiding and pretending they were stolen! Funny... all that from one cup of coffee..

I pray my kids have precious memories like that.. I pray one day they can look back and see what a true treasure childhood/Grandparents are and not take a single minute for granted...

We are not promised tomorrow, make the most of today!

1 comment:

  1. I read this and cried because my favorite childhood memories are of grandma and grandpa and I was so lucky to have them as long as I did. I pray that I am that kind of grandmother that will leave lasting memories for my grandchildren when I pass on.

    ReplyDelete