Wednesday, January 25, 2012

23 years!!! WOWSERS!

Okay, for a second you'll just have to excuse my sappiness!

Today is our (Greg & I) dating anniversary!

23 years ago today, he had a friend to call me and I said something like... well maybe if he ask but not if it comes from you. Yeah, I was tough even back then!

But he did get on the phone and he did ask so here we are 23 crazy wonderful years later!

Crazy huh?

Just for memory sake and some background on just "one" of the reasons old sappy here was sentimental about leaving FBCUG!

~~

Greg and I met at FBCUG. I already attended. His aunt Wanda was sick and she was having a hard time. He and his family came to church that night to be with Wanda. I was a youth sitting on a pew behind him and I remember asking this girl... Who is that and she was like oh that's my brother, Whoops, subject change! ;-)

~~

After we starting dating he moved his letter to UG.

~~

On April 25th, 1992 ~ Prom night

It was almost time to be home and he pulled into the church parking lot, it was late.

I was "tough" again... Me: what are we doing here..

Greg: Get out a second

Me: Why, it's cold

Greg: Please, just a minute...

See I am not very cooperative :-)

On the steps of the church he got on one knee and asked me to marry him.

~~

On June 5, 1993 we were married at UG

and here we are 23 years later and I would not change a thing...

And even though 10 years ago, God started preparing me for Greg to be called into the ministry.

Since me being the control freak I am he had to give me plenty of notice it was coming!

I would ever so often say... Do you feel the call to preach..

Greg: Well no, I am not a preacher... :-)

A year ago, if you told me I would be married to my Pastor I would have fell out of my chair!

What can change in a year? a whole lot that's what...

Happy Dating Anniversary Greg!

Thank you for making everyday, Just another Day in Paradise!

There is no other place I'd rather be.

No comments:

Post a Comment