Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Things we do for love!

Warning: More rambling and this story is true, nothing has been exagerated and unfortunately totally honest!

The Narrell's time has been a little crazy lately.. but we do see the light at the end of the tunnel! Praise the Lord. We've not been able to mow recently... It's been over 2 weeks and it has rained a lot! I think we could hide a small elephant in our grass anyway you get the picture and since we do have critters from time to time I like it to be mowed so you can see what's out there! Anyway Greg's working crazy hours this week trying to get caught up... ahem I'll stop there that's a rant all on it's on. The girls and I get home at 5:30 yesterday and I thought, I can mow and still get to church at 7. I mow from time to time and Greg doesn't like it I always end up sick with my allergies and asthma so it's not always a good thing. But I wanted to do this so he could enjoy Monday off and by then I'm pretty sure we could have cut hay. So I get the key and make both girls go with me to get the mower out of the barn... Now our barn is scary, it's so cluttered you have to step on and over things, I open the doors look in see what i need and lean in to get it and run out, I don't actually go IN IT... EVER but the mower was under the awning... So with the girls watching Grace pipes up and says what do we do, I said if I get snake bite just dail 911 because I've probally also had a heartattack! She says Got it! Kacey and I look around the mower under the seat in the rafters... I don't want to go in so I jump on the back of the mower and climb on so I don't have to step down. Kacey said she would have loved to have that on video, after I get out of the barn GREAT smooth sailing! I get 1/2 the front done before taking the girls to children's choir no reason I shouldn't be done by 7 for church ~ I'm mowing in my work clothes by the way so i don't have to change for church... I get back from taking the girls I finish the front, head to the back and get stuck on a root I didn't see and it bends the deck... So then when you turn on the mower blades it sounds like a machine gun and very loud.... GREAT! I'm determined so I run in get a hammer and decide I'm going to straighten it myself... I BEAT and bang and the ground is in the way, So now I'm mad... I am going to mow this yard! So I've cranked it and turned the mower on now 10 thousand times to see if the blades are still hitting and they are so I mow anyway... Yes honey if you are reading stop now! So the noise is awful so I get this bright idea I go back to the front yard and try to hang the mower again on the root this time though I think if I can back over it when I go forward it will pull the deck back out... sounded good at the time but I couldn't get it back hung, figures... I spent 20 minutes trying to get hung back up and gave up and started mowing again, but after one round I couldn't stand it and I'm now more than frustrated so the next time around I drive the mower up onto the girls swingset slide to get the deck off the ground... And I beat and I sit on the ground feet against the mower deck with the side of the hammer you take nails out of the wall with trying to pull it out some and and and I accomplished nothing but a broke hammer.... So I start mowing again anyway. And after a sweat bee sting and two laps the blades must have moved the deck out of the way because the horendous noise stopped unless you were on the hill leaning a certain way. I could live with that! I'm almost done and since I had ran over an ant bed, some ants had gotten on the deck and you guessed it I was stung by ants, but still I'M DONE! I run in the house it's 15 after 7. Missed church I wouldn't have if it hadn't of been for that root! I'm sinused up I take medicine go in do a few things go get the girls and Greg gets home around 8:30.... It's dark and he leaves around daylight this morning GUESS WHAT! He didn't notice. Not that he could have it was dark... but still... He didn't notice! but it's one of those things eventually he will right???
Morale of the story, NEVER MOW ON A CHURCH NIGHT! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment