Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Windshield or the Bug?

We have many sayings at the Narrell Home.
Pot/Kettle Black....
This too shall Pass...
Be the windshield
Let your light shine...
Don't let him steal your joy....
plank.... (Don't worry about their splinter until you've dealt with your plank!)
~~
Well yesterday I was the bug...
You know the song, some days your the windshield some days your the bug...
Yes, yesterday was one of those days. Where when I touched anything it would then seemingly fall apart. I was the bug...
~~
See I'm reading a sweet birthday present from my dearest friend.
The title: A thousand gifts.
Each day you journal and search for those gifts intentionally that sometimes when we are busy we forget to notice and to give thanks.
See the first day I was all... This is easy Lord. This is great.
My first gift on the list was I spilled Clorox on a pair of pants I love.... threw them off threw them in the sink and started flushing with water while in my head I was saying. Great, see you get in a hurry and they're ruined why bother... Well I washed them and what do you know, a gift. Not a Clorox spot on them... God is so Good.
See listen to me... God is so Good
Well yesterday I'm sure the devil was saying...
Find something good in that...
:-) It took more looking but yesterday was a gift.
a gift of one more day with my sweet loved ones
A gift of even though I have an eye infection and can't wear my contacts praise God I have glasses I can wear...
A gift of even though my umbrella broke and I got a rain washing that I may have needed that a little to wash that rotten mood off a little...
A gift that even though my debit card wouldn't work at all three places (eye Dr/gas/prescription) I needed it too, that I had other money I could use...
A gift that instead of being something wrong with the account my debit card expired on 1/31 and it happened to be 2/1!
You hear me. One of those days...
But God is good and faithful and yesterday was still a gift...
Now today maybe it will be my turn to be the windshield!

No comments:

Post a Comment