Friday, July 24, 2009

Camping (Part 3)

If you are wondering why so many pics I saw on a blog a blogger that had her blog made into a book! GREAT idea, my own scrapbook. I have always wanted to scrapbook but never found the time, this is an easy way to do just that. http://amynjones.blogspot.com/2009/07/it-came.html just in case anyone else is interested! So this is for us more than anyone ~ Off to Cades Cove.

Cades Cove is an 11 mile loop where you are surrounded by the beauty of the mountains. GORGEOUS! We saw Turkey, Deer, Snakes. No Bears, We've seen bears 3 different times at Cades Cove but none last Saturday. Twice it was a Mother and Cubs. We stayed a safe distance and watched. Grace was disappointed but as you can see she found a stuffed bear she is holding to make her heart happy!
Lots of Deer!
We visited the settlement in Cades Cove and this is where we saw the Snake house, I kid you not, they had a note posted about it being a snake habitat it was a smokehouse originally but the snakes seem to have taken up residence, I was leaned over reading the note and Greg said Look, yep in between the logs there was one and I didn't stick around to take pictures, I was gone!
Below is at the Mill, the girls got to see them grinding corn.
Back at camp.
And the girls never tired of the river, and did I mention it was cold. After we tubed on Saturday afternoon, we were froze. It was a blast but it was a numbing cold. Yet, they still played in it again.....




At dark on Saturday the movie started, this is before it started, before the Bonn fire in the back and did I mention they had concessions with Pop Corn, hot chocolate and stuff!
Grace with her glow in the dark sticks!
And what's the smokies without Black eyed Susan's!
I warned you I have a flower fetish!
Happy Friday!

1 comment: