Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Apollo 11 Anniversary

Yesterday, July 20th marked the 40th anniversary of the Apollo landing on the Moon.
The Space and Rocket Center and NASA had partnered for a celebration at the Space and Rocket Center. So we went!

Marshall had a hospitality tent for it's employees and were giving out free drinks and moon pies, I was shocked when Grace asked what a moon pie was!
I couldn't believe she had never had one, I'm slacking on my Mommy duties obviously!

Those of you that know our girls know they are really different. Kacey is conservative and Grace isn't afraid of much!
Kacey observed~ Grace was ready to go!
I fully expected Grace to go a little ways up and back down.
Nope, she went all the way to the top!

Saturn V
Grace getting some autographs of astronaunts. Yes we are NASA nerds, but hey to each his own!
We had a great day!
Camping pictures still to come!
Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment