Wednesday, September 28, 2011

See you at the Pole!

Today we got up a little early, got ready....

left a little early all for See you at the Pole.

~~ ~~


Gives me glory bumps to think about all the children around our country gathered around flag poles to pray and Worship our heavenly Father.

I'm teared up just typing it...

It makes this Momma very emotional..

After a debate on which school Momma would attend See you at the Pole with and with which child. We arrived and Grace and I sat in the lunchroom until time for the Elementary to start.

When it was time to start about 100 students and teachers and a handful of parents stood in front of the school and bowed to Our Father.

I was a blubbering mess. I wish I could control it more but there are times and days I can't.


So I prayed Lord help me to enjoy this without embarrasing Grace with her blubbering Momma!

Careful what you pray for! ;-)

Hearing those 3rd - 5th graders speak and recite verses and Pray...

Melt my heart, and I was NOT doing very well keeping my emotions in check.

Then I felt something close to my ....well you can guess.

See standing in pants and heels in the dew/wet grass I had a visitor, I pressed my hand on the top of my thigh thinking what is stinking me.... and it MOVED!!!! Glory be...

Trying to the best of my ability to stomp it down and wiggling my pants fighting the urge to run screaming and stripping as I stomped and danced. Grace opens her eyes from beside me with this look that said she had honestly thought I had LOST what is left of my mind.

I quietly said.... I've got a bug in my pants, her eyes were priceless.

so with one last wiggle and stomp out fell the largest Grasshopper EVER!

So See you at the Pole was awesome but be careful what you pray for because God

might just send you a GRASSHOPPER!

No comments:

Post a Comment