Sunday, August 14, 2011

Two buckets of Ice Cream kind of weekend!

I told someone yesterday that you know it's a good weekend when you've made homemade ice cream twice!



Friday I took off work for a last day of summer just do what we want kind of day.



We meet the Rowe's and the Lansford's at the Park.



Ethan Loves Kacey as long as she don't touch him! LOL! Grace he follows around and makes every move she makes.. We had a wonderful day and got some much needed rest and fun.



Paige, Kristi, Tracie
Our crew, without Kacey and Ellie... Kacey thought she was to big and Ellie was content so we didn't rock the boat!

Kacey! My 9th grader.... sniff sniff (wipe tear)


Grace attempting to carry Ethan!



Friday night we had Pizza and caught Lighting bugs and beat the guys in Rook ;-) at least that's my story and I'm sticking too it!



And also found this.. a mud puddle... which meant we had a water leak... great!




and it wasn't just in one spot!




And we made homemade ice cream...



Did I mention we won? Well at least one of the games.



Saturday the girls and I spent the day shopping and getting ready for the new school year, Kacey had a youth move up party for the upcoming youth and Greg fixed our water problem..



I know he spent a hard 6 or 7 hours in the heat digging in our yard and working on it.



Thank you dear... I know it wasn't the way you wanted to spend your Saturday. :-(



On Sunday we went to Mountain View and Greg preached.



Then off to Mom and Dad's for Terri's 50th birthday party.



Happy Birthday Sister I hope all your wishes come true.



Roger Lynn was out of town but we got a Sister/Parent picture.











And ate more cake and homemade ice cream!






Then off to Mountain View again for the PM service.



It's fun and scary to see God using Greg the way he is.



I'm very routine oriented and structured so not knowing where we are going from one week to the next has been hard for me. It's no secret in recent years our Church has struggled and we would talk about moving and we felt God's will for us so strongly to just be still... Just be still and now that things are going good and we love going, we are going other places more and more. God's timing sometimes makes us wonder but it is his timing and he is not the God of confusion. We are learning to trust more deeply and just to be... I'm having to learn to let go of things and just be. It's really hard for me and I'm sure that is part of the lesson for me and part of the growth..



Even growth for the girls because we've visited now 4 different churches. So pray for us and that we will be obedient even when it's hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment