Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Standing on the Promises

I struggled with the title because I struggle with the words or even if I am going to hit the publish button on this post.
But in the past week God has burdened my heart to pray for my children more than ever.
I pray for them already, we pray in the car before I drop them off in the mornings, I pray if I know they have a test or something going on that day. Before we sleep at meal time. We pray but as they get older I see that need growing more and more.
Our Children deal with so much.
Last week Kacey had a situation that I will not share here but her heart was burdened, her reputation questioned her heart hurt... As a Mom that is one of the hardest things as they get older, letting them deal with disappointment and conflict. The part of growing up that's not pretty. The Mom and control freak in me wanted to jerk up the phone... But God says be still.... And know that I'm God... he loves her and he is growing her. But I have to move out of the way sometimes or at lest stop and pray... Lord, let me handle this correctly, in your way. I urged her to speak to the child and try to work things out, if you can't let it go, talk to her in a respectful non accusing manner. If she doesn't want to work it out, at least you've done all you can do. The next day she does, she handled it like~~ well better than most grown ups would. The girl apologized and Kacey didn't accept, at least not right away. She was still hurt and angry, but after some prayers and reading Kacey planted a seed and she grew.
~~
She shared this verse with the child with a note that said I forgive you.
~~
24"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.
25"Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions.
26"But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions." Mark 11:24-26
~~
he is growing her, and me.
How much better would our lives be as adults if we forgave then "let it go"
~~
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
~~ Standing on the promises~~

1 comment:

  1. I remember those days...and still have some off and on. HE is growing you too as a parent!

    ReplyDelete