Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Simple things!

I take so much for granted... When we were at the aquarium last week, I overheard ~ NO I was not ease dropping they were in front of me~ this mom and I assume it was her son, we were in the River basin level and she was telling him to listen.... You could hear the crickets and the frogs. They were playing their song! The sad thing is that before this Mom mentioned their music ~ I didn't notice! Mostly because I hear it every night... I'm not on a river basin no, but with the creek and just country fresh air. I take it for granted sometimes, I love where we live and being out at least a little to ourselves. I love the creeks and open fields! I love the girls have lots of open grass to ride bikes and play. I love that in the summer they can catch crawl dads and play in the creek. I love how after a nice rain they put messages on a boat or in a bottle and let it float down the creek through the culvert under our driveway to the other side. I love the flowers and trees. I love how we can play outside, yell and laugh (the best music on earth) as loud as we want and nobody notices. Except for maybe Miss Mary when we shoot fireworks off on the 4th of July! I love our bird feeders and yes ~ even our squirrel feeders, we love watching the squirrels and ground squirrels. Now the occasional snake we see I can live without but for the most part I wouldn't change a thing. Anyway after getting sidetracked. Here are some pictures just for you Allison! Something else I take for granted being a country girl... Squirrel's nest! Allison has never seen one and when we go to lunch sometimes, off of Martin Road with all those trees, I search to show her one. So even though it isn't in person ~ here is a squirrel's nest! I love living in the country!

These were taken behind the school. The girls were riding bikes and I was trying to get a picture I think Judy thought I was crazy, you want a picture of what?
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment