Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kacey!

One picture says it all! But Thank you Lord it wasn't broke.
Kacey plays ball, not like plays but like really plays ball, she works
hustles and is rough. Greg and I always said if we had a boy he would be a whimp because he couldn't have been any tougher than this lady.
I'm so thankful to be her Mom! Today and everyday...
She was fighting for a jump ball and she got the ball alright but with the other girl landing on top of her and they both fell with all their weight on Kacey's right elbow...
The whole gym heard the pop and her coach took off running. I was really proud of myself... I stayed seated prayed and kept trying not to throw up...
Her arm from the elbow down was numb... after about 30 mins it began to tingle and eventually lead way to a full throb....
After 3 hours in the ER where if I knew the wonderful desk nurses name I would send her flowers today.... the er was full of people with barf buckets I kid you not....
so she took my cell number and Kacey and I waited in the car until she called! Thank you Lord there are still people that go out of their way to care in this day and time...
No chip.... but the bones compressed the nerve and that's why it was numb so ice packs and a loratab later were were finally home. weary and worn but got some good Kacey and Mom time!
No restrictions except to wear a brace on her elbow when she plays for awhile.
She is much better today and we didn't even fill the pain killer prescription, she is taking advil, see told you she was tough!
~~
Just Another Day in Paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment