Thursday, November 17, 2011

Today....

Ever have days you just feel a little off, a little overwhelmed. I can't pinpoint the exact cause. I just have felt a little heavy the last few days...


I was reading a devotion this morning about Holidays and when you start getting stressed remember to Be Still.... Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted on the earth.

~God is not a God of busy or confusion ... Just be still....so I pulled some verses to help me just smile today.




You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.”

Deuteronomy 6:5-6




Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. ~ (This makes me smile, just because everything that happens God knows, understands and cares and is right there) He is in control.... (Thankfully I am not - I make messes!)



Matthew 11:28-29
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.~ God doesn't want to see us rushing, weary or burdened, he longs for us to turn to him for rest.



Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired,and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. ~ This tells me I am not alone, we all grow weary and tired. But God wants us to soar. When I think about God's grace and the Eagle wings how they effortlessly they glide through the sky and seem so peaceful. Sometimes I'm more like a chicken with a broke wing flapping around trying to control everything instead of trusting and letting the Lord renew my strength.



Philippians 4:19
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. ~ Why worry when God loves us more than we can imagine, there is not a need I have he doesn't already know and care about.



Romans 8:37-39
No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~ God has me in the palm of his hand and will never let me go.



Proverbs 1:33
But all who listen to me will live in peace,untroubled by fear of harm.”



John 14:27
“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.



Romans 10:9
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.




John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. ~ May have life more abundant... he wants to bless us, he wants us to soar.




~ Sometimes I just have to be reminded, Everything is not within my control. As a matter of fact, the important things are out of my control.... “No matter how many times you get knocked down, keep getting back up. God sees your resolve. He sees your determination. And when you do everything you can do, that’s when God will step in and do what you can’t do.” ― Joel Osteen




Thank you God, for your word that I am reminded it's not all about me, it's about you. You are in perfect control, your timing is perfect and you have a plan for just me. Thank you Lord for loving me! Help me to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment