Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving!

Before we left for thanksgiving lunch!

we took pictures!
We had a good thanksgiving. We had a wonderful meal.
We were few in number which made my heart sad, I missed us all being together.
Some traveling and some spread out.
I missed the busyness the kids, the chaos.
I'm praying next Thanksgiving is Crazy again. Crazy in a good way.
Crowded... full... happy... with kids.
the way it's meant to be.
Our house is small but I would host in a heartbeat if it meant we could all be under one roof.
Greg and I were talking about Christmas/Thanksgiving when Mamaw and Papaw Narrell were alive. Us all in that small house, packed in like sardines... I wouldn't trade a minute of it... Us sneaking when Mamaw and Papaw weren't looking and opening the door for air!
They would drag card tables out and set them up in the middle bedroom and everywhere they could squeeze one in and they'd play Carrom and Rook and anything else. I miss those moments. I want my kids to know those moments!
I so could have been born in the Walton's day! The house full!
~ Good night John boy!~

No comments:

Post a Comment