Monday, August 9, 2010

Momma Time Blues

I remember taking her to Kindergarten... Where has the time gone. Now she is an 8th grader.
For me, it happened all at once, she went from being this 8lb baby I was overprotective with to this beautiful young lady. Oh how I wish it was still that easy to protect her, keep her feed, she slept, changed her and loved on her. Now... now I'm supposed to start letting go... not letting go but in some ways letting go, so she can grow into who God wants her to be. To become who she will be. I've not figured out how to slow time yet so I am trying to enjoy each minute and cherish it because tomorrow it changes...
And I find myself thinking deeply more. It's not just diaper changes and time-outs now. It's wanting to explain the world to her. To teach her kindness. To tell her why things happen in a way that makes her want to be good and loving. To show her by example that confidence is power.... And Me, I second guess myself way to much. Probably shouldn't have given that to her. Maybe we should have let her have it. Did you see how sad she was? Did you hear what she said? Maybe I should have been harder on her. Maybe I was too hard. And you just have to trust that you are doing your best and that for every mistake you make, there are a thousand more victories. And you grow in the fact that, in setting an example, in laying the foundation for her, you become better. You have to live what you want to teach them because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and I want my apples to be good and kind, giving and understanding. I want my apples to be strong and independent and yet sensitive and tender-hearted.
But I'm having trouble letting my apples fall from the tree... I sure want to hang on, with all my might and heart... letting go is hard.
Grace is in 4th... She changes classes this year.
I am trying to enjoy today and not look ahead to much...
It is too overwhelming... I'll worry about high school next year..
This year we are off to conquer Spanish, advanced Math and a Science teacher we hear is a "beast"!
We are praying for an excellent school year for both our babies, but Father time, could you please slow down....
(Grace's by herself pictures didn't save on my card :-( what's up with that)

No comments:

Post a Comment