Thursday, June 10, 2010

Take your Children To Work Day!

Today was take our children to work day!
Grace and I had so much fun. We missed our UT camper Kacey.
Grace absolutely loves this day and starts looking forward to a year in advance!
We went to Weird Science, Freeze flame, and Extreme chill!
She made a planet!
And 2 differant rockets. This one you make with a straw, paper and clay. Then you place it on a launcher and see how far and high yours goes..
Most of you know that I work with lots of engineers. I'm a lowly business person and it is so funny how different minds think. The girl before us was with her engineer dad. How do I know he was an engineer... well trust me I know! So they get in line and she looks at Grace and Grace says, Momma I didn't put a lot of clay because I didn't want it to be heavy. And the girls laughs at Grace and said, weight can make it go faster you know.... ahem... Any way they girl gets to the launcher and she and her dad were talking about putting it on 12 and go 2 more degrees... oh yeah, whatever, she launched and it never got off the floor, it slid across the floor and stopped...
Grace just put hers on and let it go and it shot higher and went over the back curtain, which wasn't the intentions either but she was rather please with herself none the less.
Grace got tagged as a volunteer during Strange Science.
She was a little worried here after half the volunteers had just got water poured over their heads!
Thank you for a great day Grace, I love you!
Kacey's team won both games yesterday and today won 1 and lost 2... Praying for safe travel home tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment