Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday's Adventure!

Saturday we went to the Jekyll Island Tennis Center and played we had fun.
We played doubles
Then we went on a bike ride... We started at the campground where we rented the bikes and rode all the way to the historic district since when we were there the night before the shops were closed and I wanted a Jekyll Island Christmas ornament... Weird I know..

And we are off... Note the sun... that 's important later! Kacey carried our supplies!
It was so pretty around the edge of the water, the marshes and lagoons.
Water break!

Finally around 4 - 5 miles of peddling sight seeing we made it to the Historic district! A picture of a house where the lady of the house, was always angry at the man of the house for not cleaning his feet before he came in, so he installed the walkway fountain and would walk through it before coming in the house... CRAZY... My picture from the buggy was blurry so i got a good one from the bike!
Note the sun!! yes, I'm going somewhere with it, hang on~!
We took a break and ate cookies. We got our ornament and found a restroom, and were just relaxing..... and in the distance we heard thunder... The day before the same thing and it never amounted to anything so we sit and catch our breathe. Then along comes a guy and he said, I see your bikes, just wanted you to know the island alarm is going off which means that lighting is within one mile of the island.... GREAT.. Did I mention we were about 5 miles from our car. So we go to the restroom and sit about 15 min and then decide we can beat it... And we did.. Kind of.
Grace was telling Papaw, I saw the biggest scariest lightning ever, it took us about a hour and 20 minutes to get to the historic district, we made it back to the bike rental in 25....
At one point Kacey was in the front, then me, Grace and Greg in the back. We saw and heard lighting pop and then I heard Grace in a hysterical scream and I never turned around, I left Greg to deal with it and peddled!
Greg's favorite story to tell is when Kacey got so far ahead we couldn't see her and I told him to go catch her and I put Grace in front of me and I was the last one in line, I ended up stopping for a minute since at this point my bottom bone was not happy from that bike seat! I stopped and got off for a second to stretch...
Greg said he caught Kacey stopped her and they were waiting, Grace came around the bend of trees yelling Mamma's not with us anymore!
~~
With 2 hours of Tennis and then bike riding.... Yes we were tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment