Thursday, March 22, 2012

Stuff!

This week has been long, I love getting home when there is still sunlight to enjoy but they time change this past weekend is taking some getting used to for us. We are tired, really tired.

Monday we had tennis and to be honest I can't even remember what I did Tuesday, how sad is that? I have no idea! NONE! I don't think I was home but don't remember where i went... :-) we are tired, we are so ready for Spring Break!

Just some ramblings....

~ For the last 4 weeks I've been given the opportunity to serve with the younger children at church on Wednesday nights, I'm enjoying it but guarding against trying to do too much, I feel like I need to be out front with Greg now as much as possible.

~ This morning...

Kacey: Momma can I spend the day with McKayla Tuesday, it's her birthday?

Me: I guess, when is her surgery (wisdom teeth being removed)

Kacey: Monday

Me: You know she is going to feel rough and she may not feel like doing much

Kacey: I know, I figure we'll lay around and watch movies ... If I'm going to have a rainy day friend, I need to learn to be one!

I love it... she sooo gets it!

~ Grace is enjoying her church classes and is starting to make friends and fit in more.

~ This week Grace had a friend problem. She came to me in tears and just poured her heart out and cried. The next morning we were getting ready for school and she said, Momma, thank you for listening to me. Just talking it out and you being there made me feel better. I smiled thanking God I had stopped and listened instead of going through the busyness of the day. I also smiled because I had done the same thing the night before after the girls were in the bed I had talked for over an hour on the phone with a friend, even though it didn't change the circumstance it sure made me feel better. :-)

~ Kacey's foot is thankfully better

~ My girls are so excited about the Hunger Games movie coming out this week, they've both read all three books. I see the movies in our near future!

Happy Thursday! I pray you are having a good week and are able to enjoy this awesome weather we are having, it feels like May instead of March... I think we skipped Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment