Friday, February 3, 2012

Pictureless Friday...

Truth is I'm tired!

Truth is I'm so excited it's Friday!

Truth is I need a date night! Even if it is a McDonald's drive thru!

Truth is it's been a long week and my house has suffered for it!

Kacey played at Cullman last night. They won but it was a very physical game. During the middle of the 4th qtr of the game I could tell she was hurting. Truth is I could tell she was hurting but not what was hurting. I could tell it was a leg/knee/ankle or foot but that was it.. the grimace on that face was more than I could take. Coach yelled and said.. Narrell you need to come out. No sir she said. It was a close game and they finished well. Finished well. That stuck with me and I keep thinking about it. Anyway, when the game was over Coach went in talked to the girls and then to the bench to assist for the Varsity game. Kacey came out of the dressing room and from across the gym he yelled. Kacey, when she looked up he said go to the trainer...

She came up the steps...slowly and put all her bags down and then back down. She had a large knot right above her knee and it was already turning blue all around the knee cap.

She came back with an ice bag wrapped around her knee as big as her head. Rotate ice/elevate and take it easy for a few days. Deep tissue bruise. Last night her Daddy biofreezed and I biofreezed it this morning. This morning it looks so much better. Still sore, still moving slow but better. She was bruised and frustrated but finished well..

It made me think about my own self and wonder what would I have done... could I have finished and finished well with grace. Struggle through the adversity to see a task completed..

Bruises can come in many shapes and forms. Verbal, physical and even spiritual bruises. We all have them. We all get them whether people mean to bruise or not. Sometimes my feelings are little other times the bruise was meant to be felt. I bruise people sometimes as well. With words that I should keep silent or words unsaid. We are all sinners saved by grace. But today I want to run... run and finish well whether the race is short or long.. Run!


Hebrews 12
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

No comments:

Post a Comment