Friday, January 21, 2011

Grace!

This past Wednesday on my way home I got a call from a very excited 9 year old!
I decided to blog because I find her spirit and love challenging and I never want to forget her words, she blows me out of the water sometimes.
Grace "Momma guess what, do you remember Teagan?" (Teagan and Grace met in first grade. When they met - Teagan didn't know who Jesus was so Grace has been talking to her ever since. They've never had a class together but see each other daily in Extended day)
"Momma, she prayed to receive Jesus!
We were in extended day doing Homework and we were talking and I told her I loved Wednesday's because I get to go to GA's she said that she had gone to church with someone this past weekend. Her parent's don't go to church and don't take her so she doesn't remember ever going before. I asked her and she said she liked it.
I asked her if she was saved and she didn't know what that meant.
So I told her it meant that you believe in Jesus, believe that he died for your sins and he then he rose... It also means that you know God has a plan for you regardless of what it is. I told her I knew he had a plan for my life and he has a plan for everyone, you just have to trust him enough to follow his plan. Momma, she said she wanted to know Jesus's plan for her life so I talked to her about everything I knew about being saved and everything I remember about the day I trusted Jesus then told her what I prayed and she prayed to trust Jesus.
Then the teacher told us to shh but I didn't I knew that it was too important and if I got in trouble it would be okay.. so we whispered and I asked her if she had a bible and she said her Grandma had given her one a long time ago. I wrote her some scriptures on a piece of paper for her to look up and told her if she had trouble finding them I'd bring my bible and help her!
I wrote down John 3:16 a bunch others I have memorized.
She said she would and Momma I told her I might can bring her an Awana's workbook too, do you think I can do that. Her parents don't know us so probably will not let her come with us but I can do that. Momma I love you and I'm so glad you take me to church...
~~
Yes, I cried all the way home... yes I am challenged by my sweet 9 year old
Yes, I am praying that she keeps her boldness and zest for Jesus.
Also, she wasn't supposed to go to extended day Wednesday, Dad was picking her up but Kailynn was sick so Dad didn't want to expose Grace and when I asked her about Papaw not picking her up she said, NO I'm glad he didn't. God's plan for me today was to be in extended day! Now Momma If I can just keep talking to Spencer!
(blown away)

1 comment: