Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Operation Christmas Child!

This past week was the collection week for Operation Christmas Child. A ministry support by Samaritans purse set up to reach children around the world for Christ. The goal is to fill and send a shoebox that you mark for a boy or girl and the age group. The boxes are delivered by horseback, canoe, planes, it is an awesome opportunity to be a missionary without leaving your home town. They also send bibles in the children's native language. Pray for the children who receive these boxes as well as the missionaries using the boxes as a tool to reach families.
Our church packed 62 shoe boxes. That's 62 lives that will be touched for Christ through such a simple gift.
Grace had spend the night company Friday night and on Saturday morning when we went to pick up the boxes at church and take them to their next point I heard the girls talking in the back seat. Grace's guest was asking questions about what we were doing and Grace answered.. It was awesome to hear. She gets it, she know why we participate. She gets it... I love it.
I love that she and Kacey didn't want me to go get them without them, I love that they can see a way to minister one box and one child at a time...









Cool huh, I cried when we left. I think I always do. Grace asked why and I could only tell her that it makes me so happy to do something. We live where we have so much and need nothing but always want more, these boxes are going to where children maybe do not even have their basic needs met. Pray for these kids and if you have a minute if you go to the website and watch the videos of past years and see these kids faces light up when they get their box.

No comments:

Post a Comment