Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Operation Christmas Child

I have always had a passion for Operation Christmas Child. 
I have been blessed with the opportunity to help with the project through UG and Mtn View for 10 plus years.  This year our family completed 10 shoeboxes but I felt the need to do more.  Maybe it was not being plugged in to a church yet or just a yerning to be more of a part.  I voluteered for the Distribution Center in Atlanta.  I reserved two slots.  And Kristi asked to attend with me and i could not have been more thrilled.  
 
It's amazing how organized and major this project is thought out.  We went on the last day for packing.  The night before they had hit 4 Million 4 Hundred THOUSAND boxes.....  Crazy... they still had over 100,000 thousand to complete that day.

 
Kristi and I ended up seperated first thing but we didn't mind, it was an opportunity to meet new people and it is a special place for sure.  
After training there are table after tables with 6 volunteers at each table.
Both of our first jobs started as a sorter.  I will be honest the first box I came across that had to have things pulled out of it I didn't think I could do it.  Bubbles, any liquids.  Hurt my heart.  But they have filler items we could replace with so that helped my feelings as well.  



Box after box with AT LEAST 14 boxes each in them going to a child.... precious.
The day we were packing for we knew those boxes were headed to the Dominican Repulic.  



A picture showing where the Atlanta boxes had been sent too.






 


What a blessing and I can not wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment