Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thoughts on Thursday!

It's Thursday and I'm tired but this week has flown by.  Our tree is up and hopefully we can decorate sometime next week.  Greg is trying to get some hunting in next weekend so we are trying to get it all done.  Tonight Kacey had late practice and Grace had late practice.  Grace got her uniform and just had to model it.  Kacey had to take #20 this year since a Senior had 33 but she wants it back next year.  Grace was thrilled to have number 33!  Over the moon, said she was pretty sure it made her shoot better she even made a 3 pointer!  :-)

Greg and I have started a love jar.  Life is pretty busy in the Narrell home and it's just a way to help us remember what's important to each other. 
Last week mine was sit with me!  The one he drew for me was let's watch a movie.  So we did we draw every Monday and have a week.  We don't know what the other one drew until the end of the week.  This week the one I drew said... just sit down and do nothing... and I don't know yet but I'm guessing he drew pick some wildflowers or visit Walmarts 5 dollar flower bin...  :0 )  I'm just guessing.
It's been fun and reminds us to slow down in our busy season of life!
In other news!
The other day Grace came home and said she won Runner up in her class for the Spelling bee. 
I was so excited for her but asked why she didn't tell us we could have helped her study. 
Anyway, on the way to school today.
Grace ~  Man, I forgot my Kindle. 
Me ~ You have a hard back book from the library
Grace ~ but my spelling Bee words are on it. 
Me ~ I thought your spelling Bee was last week
Grace ~ That was the class one
Me ~ oh so there is something else. 
Grace ~ Yes the 6th grade one.
Me ~ oh, is everybody in it
Grace ~ No, just the winners and runner up for each class
Me ~ oh, I didn't know that when?
Grace ~ today
Me ~ What?  Grace why don't you tell me these things??  I would have helped you study.  And why are your words just on your kindle why didn't you print them off.
Grace ~ Well I didn't expect my Kindle to mess up but I've looked at them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After School Grace called and said.  Guess what Momma I won the spelling Bee so now I get to compete with the 7th and 8th grade winners!

WOW!  I guess I should doubt the doo!

Insert from AJHS email announcment
6th grade classroom winners competing are: Sydney Willis, Kegan Shular, Emma Hawkins, Grace Narrell, Noah Stevens, Riley Belrose, Hailey Boatner, Stephen Galanty, Carson Reed, Zach Gregg, Tegan Hanavan, Harrison Hall, John York, Lizzie Murphree, Ashton Lang, Livie Sparks

Way to go Grace!  We are proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment