Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Sunday Adventure!

 Sunday afternoon we decided to get out and walk/drive.  We went to the cold Hole and walked around.  It was beautiful and the day was gorgeous!  The water was so clear.




The cold hole spring comes from a little cave under the rock.  It's pretty cool and the water was crazy cold!


  From there we went to Hughes Cave, I had not been there in about 18 yrs! The last time I had gone Greg and I hadn't been married long and we went with BC and Donna...at night.. In a thunderstorm. I can so tell we are MUCH older, I can not imagine doing that in the dark now. We were nuts. We went through the cave then and saw some scary stuff! I actually fell and broke my tail bone before we even got to the cave opening that night. The opening to the cave is about a 30 foot slope, you hang onto a rope and slide down but coming up was much more difficult. Fun times...  Coming up the embankment you cold feel the cold air rushing out of the cave.



 Lady bugs were everywhere!!!


 We enjoyed the day and each other's company.  I'm so thankful for these three.  I am thankful for each day I have the opportunity to share time with them.  Thankful for the smiles and free time time to share.  I so wanted a Sunday afternoon nap but I'm so thankful I didn't get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment