Saturday, August 4, 2012

Tonight my heart is full.  I am yet reminded that he is in control and I am not.  I am reminded that he loves us more than we can imagine and nothing in this life is a surprise to my Savior.  I'm so thankful. 
Just to catch up here are a few thoughts from the last couple of days.
~ ~ ~
Grace and Kacey spent the night with friends last night.  It's so weird when they are both gone, it seems to have happened a lot lately.  I have a feeling it will only increase. 
~ ~ ~
We have done a lot of visiting lately.  We've had a lot of church members sick and it has been a blessing to be able to just sit sometimes when words aren't enough.  God is growing us and we see him in everything.
~ ~ ~
During Sky VBS we had what we called God sightings.  Where do you see God.  I see God so much in this blog, as I was preparing for Sunday School tomorrow and the lesson seemed to be just for me.  It was about being willing to serve even when you feel inadequate, even when you feel like you are not enough.  I remembered a post.  At the time about FBCUG and I went looking for it.  I found so many post that blessed me in the changes and things that God had done in our lives over the last 4 years especially the last year.  It's amazing at the way he laid it all out even though we didn't have a clue at the time he was preparing and laying the foundation of where we are today.  I am so beyond thankful.  I was pulling lyrics about Going through the motions and I found where I had blogged about it 2 years earlier.  God is good all the time. 
~ ~ ~
I took off work yesterday to take the girls to Spring Valley and with a 50 percent chance of rain and the morning was cloudy misty we changed plans.  Kacey was invited to a friends so she went and Grace and I went to the movies and mall just the two of us and enjoyed it so much.  She got all her back to school supplies and clothes.  Kacey is good on most everything, Grace has grown out of everything.  She thanked me and Thanked me all day for EVERYTHING.  I think she enjoyed it being just us for a change.  She talked non-stop!  As we sat in a dark movie sharing cheese popcorn and M&M's I was reminded how fast time is going and just to slow down and enjoy these girls.  They don't always enjoy hanging out with mom.  So love the chatter and the questions and the I love you Momma, you didn't have too, you are the best. 
~ ~ ~
I am in shock it is August where has the time gone.
I can not believe school is only two weeks away.
well as I wrap up, needing some sweet sleep, see my house is half messy.  bags are half packed.  Grace is sleeping and the teenager is still rambling through the house, Greg is looking over his sermon again and I am again reminded how precious and sweet life is. 
Just another day in Paradise
no other place I'd rather be!




No comments:

Post a Comment