Thursday, May 2, 2013

This week....

 We knew this week was going to be another hectic week.  
one of those things that you prepare a head of time what you can.  Choir concert, tennis pictures, orthodontics, Dr appts, fatigues, overstressed and among just a few things this week.  Then, Monday was the first day of try outs for Grace for next year's 7th grade basketball team.  She has been nervous about this for a year.  It has been a goal for her for a long time.  She played rec plus this year and when the season was over started at the Speed and Agility clinic to help her speed and some confidence going into try outs.  As you know she broke her arm during a workout... Great, what we thought would help ended up being a brand new problem.
In my heart I knew this probably meant no basketball, I mean she probably wouldn't even be able to try.  She broke it on a Thursday and we saw on Orthopedic the next day.  His words were in one week you can get your cast and 6-8 weeks in a hard cast.  When she asked about basketball he said.  Well you need to work on strengthening your left hand anyway, then he looked at me like Sorry Mom.  
Grace cried the rest of the day. 
Easter weekend.  
By Monday, I had decided to take her to a Pediatric Orthopedic so off we went.
Thank you Lord!  He instead of waiting a week put her in a cast that day.  Hot pink and said he would re-evaluate in 3 weeks from that day.  He said if it looked good, she could try out with an air-cast.
Last Monday between tennis and working Greg carried her, they took the cast off and x-rayed.  They said it looked GREAT... not even an air cast and she could try out with a wrist support. 
She was happy, whatever happened she would have the opportunity to try.  She over the last month had also been continuing the speed workouts just doing the footwork only.  She was determined.
The Lord just continued to bless so on Monday night after the first day, Kacey and I were talking.  Grace was scheduled for a 2 hour orthodontic appointment on Tuesday morning to get her Herpes installed.  Kacey was like Mom, you need to cancel and let her be as good as she can let her be 100% she already has the thing with her arm and can't scrimmage.  I agreed.  
But by Tuesday morning I just felt God nudging... take her.. if it is meant to be it will.  I'm in control not you.  So Grace and I went.  2 and 1/2 hours later she was not done and already raw!  I was thinking oh Momma you have made this child miserable.  We did pass on activating the appliance until Monday to help a little.  bridge, screws, arms and hinges the child literally squeaks when she opens her mouth...  mouth already swollen.  Advil and we prayed, she went to school.  
He made his first cut on Tuesday and she was still in the hunt so she was thrilled.  So Wednesday morning she gets up and she is so sore swollen she can't hardly talk. 
Well long story even longer!  :)  She made final cut yesterday and I felt God so strongly dealing with me not her.  Awesome how God uses other people to minister to us.  
GRACE is over the moon excited but compassionate for her friends that didn't make it.  I love her heart so much.  She is precious and I pray everyday for God to guard her precious heart from this hard world.  God is in control and I am not... 
Sunset from Tuesday
 Sunset last night.
Grace came out smiling, red faced and sweaty.  Come to find out even though I had sent the coach an email saying she could try out but was limited.  No scrimmaging.  She had scrimmaged.  All three days!  And she is fine... thankfully or I would beat her!  :)  Sometimes I underestimate my kids and I certainly underestimate my GOD!  
I am in love right now with the song from Mercy me "You are I am"

Here are the lyrics:
I've been the one,To shake with fear.
And wonder if, You're even here.
I've been the one, To doubt Your love.
I've told myself, You're not enough.
I've been the one, To try and say.
I'll overcome, By my own strength.
I've been the one, To fall apart.
And start to question, Who You are.
You're the One who conquers giants.
You"re the One who calls out kings.
You shut the mouth of lions.
You tell the dead to breathe.
You're the one who walks through fire.
You take the orphan's hand.
Yo are the One Messiah.
You are I Am.
I've been the one, Held down in chains.
Beneath the weight, Of all my shame.
I've been the one, To believe,
That where I am, You cannot reach.
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com

You're the One who conquers giants.
You"re the One who calls out kings.
You shut the mouth of lions.
You tell the dead to breathe.
You're the one who walks through fire.
You take the orphan's hand.
Yo are the One Messiah.
You are I Am.
The veil is torn
And now I live, with the Spirit inside.
The same one, The very same one,
Who brought the Son, Back to life.
Hallelujah, He lives in me.
Hallelujah, He lives in me
You're the One who conquers giants.
You"re the One who calls out kings.
You shut the mouth of lions.
You tell the dead to breathe.
You're the one who walks through fire.
You take the orphan's hand.
Yo are the One Messiah.
You are I Am.
 ~ ~ ~ ~
It's much more than basketball tryouts for me.  It's a reminder he cares about the desires of our hearts, he blessed Grace this week with the desires of her heart.  He cares about every detail of our lives, I've been really struggling for a few months about some circumstances in our life that I don't have control over and this week was a sweet needed reminder, he cares and he hasn't left us and he is still in totally control.  He loves us and I just need to "Be Still and know he is God" and let him work out our circumstances in his time for his Glory!
after all he is the great I AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment