Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Make a Cake!

 
Life has been a struggle for our Narrellett's lately.  Nothing major but discouragement and doubt have been an issue in the last few weeks.  It's hard to see your kids hearts hurt and it's hard when you know part of it may have been prevented with some better Momma judgement and let's face it sometimes Life is just not fair.  We've also had some of our church family going through struggles that are so hard and my heart just aches for them so.  God is in control but the Devil likes to make us doubt and make life hard sometimes.  But this too shall pass and it's only a moment in time.  A brief bump in the road that the Lord will see us through and in the future we will look back and wonder why we made a mountain out of a molehill!  Last night after team pictures for Grace and a game we started a cake around oh 9pm for a 4H project due today!  She made a Apple Cake with Butter Pecan Glaze.  After a hard day it was so fun to make this cake and just enjoy this young lady with a smile on her face.  She is so precious.  We made lemonade or in this case a Cake!  God knew even with our busy schedule it was just what we needed.  Some fun and time together! 








 So it was after 9:30 when we got it in the oven and it said to bake for 50 - 55 minutes.  So my Chef went to bed and we decided the icing would be made this morning!  I stayed up late to put the recipe and nutritional value's on paper and printed them for her.  She did the cooking and with her still not feeling well I figured it would be best to let her get some sleep. 
 So this morning we get up and make the icing.  It looks awesome!



So as we packed lunch and she carried her backpack, lunch and a cake carrier into school this morning, I sent up a prayer that she would have encouragers today, and also she would make it safely to her destination to drop off that cake. 

See our cake carrier had one of the latches was broken and I didn't know so she had to carefully hold the bottom of the carrier.  Imperfect but useable!  Also, when I was telling her what to put in the cake I was reading and the icing and cake both called for Brown sugar the icing for 3/4 cup and the cake for 2 Cups.  I must have looked at the wrong line ( I was reading off my phone still since it wasn't on paper yet)  So the cake and the icing have 3/4 cup of Brown sugar.  That makes the cake 1 1/4 cup short.  also, a little matter of a 1/2 tsp of salt left out.  I just realized this morning my mistake, and oh yeah that 55 minutes you were supposed to let it cook..... yeah try it was done in 25 - 30!!!  Soooo it might not be exact.... it might not be perfect but it's still beautiful.  Just like us sometimes, imperfect with not everything that I'm supposed to have at times and sometimes too much and totally undone or maybe even over cooked!... We can be awesome in Christ... He can take even the smallest attempts and work it for his Glory. 
We just have to trust he is working it out for His good and his glory.
Trust
Faith
Hope 
Love
Help me to love and Trust you Jesus like never before!
Help me to be what you want me to be!  Whatever that looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment