Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 2 Championship! Part III

 These two are awesome... Alana the coach and Greg Black who has been giving the girls lessons.  He took two days off work to come watch support and pace!  they paced like expectant parents the whole match!
 I didn't move and tried not to talk except for the occasional sign to Papaw to hush!  :)
he was up behind the court watching from a distance.  I was at the side and it was the most quite I've been in a match all year...  they won 6-1, 3-6, 6-4!  I was praying we would not go into a third set because I wasn't sure we could hold out but they held their own.  I don't think the second set would have been 3-6 had they called a line judge but the Arab Fan Club complained for them!  As soon as that last ball hit the net these girls lost it... I wish I had gotten the whole thing but what I did get was on my cell phone.  my camera was up under the tent and nobody wanted to miss anything to go get it.  this is the first one I got, after we all celebrated and those two locked up in the biggest hug ever!
State Champs!
 The one above is before it was over, I don't know how they get out of order loading but they do, Alana giving them the don't let up speech during the first set.


 Again out of order but the top one was when a few had made it out on the court but the picture below was before the handshakes were already made and notice who was already on the court.  Alana's last match as Arab's tennis coach and she was thrilled..  Arab's first Tennis champs that we know of.
 Before they were done shaking hands Alana had them from around the back!!  :)
 Coach Black (JV Coach and possibly Arab's Varsity Coach next year) Greg Black (gives them lessons) Alexis, Kacey, Alana and Phil (Assistant, he also gave Kacey her first lessons)
 Kacey and Phil...  no words, she had to fight him for her spot.
 Proud Sister looking on
 Arab's State Champions 
#3 Doubles
 receiving their plaques!
 Rolled ankles, come from behind wins.  These girls worked so hard and I'm so proud of them.

 Proud Dad's!
 Proud Mom's!
Congratulations Sweet Girls!
More to come, I had to break it up into parts!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment